Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we make lists of bookish things!
Today's Top Ten Tuesday is Top Ten (Okay, Eight) Things That Make My Life as a Reader/Blogger Easier:
- Goodreads: This makes my life so easy. I can organize books on my virtual bookshelves. I can send status updates when I'm reading a book and then refer back to that page when writing my review. And have you guys checked out the app? It allows you to scan books in. Literally if you want to add a book to your "currently reading" shelf you just use the Goodreads app scanner to scan the barcode and then add it to your shelf. I find this particularly useful when in a book store. I can sit there and just scan all the books I want to read, automatically adding them to my "want to read" shelf. It's amazing!
- Hootsuite: This website allows me to schedule my tweets and Facebook posts ahead of time. So when I schedule a post, then I click over to Hootsuite and schedule all the times I am going to tweet out my link throughout the day and what I'm going to say in each tweet. Amazing. Crazy time saver and it also allows you to get your new posts out there, no matter how busy you are during the day.
- My library: I've talked about how important I think libraries are. Mine is awesome. I sit on the computer and add books to my request list. Then the library puts them all on a shelf in a convenient location. When I get to the library, I just grab my books and check out. In and out in two minutes. In addition to this, my library also has a drive-thru! I don't even have to get out of my car anymore. Amazing!
- Amazon: I love Amazon. I don't know if I would say Amazon makes my life easier...but it sure helps me find new books to read. I can get lost on the Amazon recommended pages for days. You click on a book. Then right below there's a whole list of recommended books. You click on one of those and behold! A whole new list of recommended books. I've literally spent hours doing this.
- My husband: He's not a reader. But he doesn't bother me when I read. He understands that I do not want to be interrupted. He's a big gamer so a lot of times, he'll play games and I'll sit next to him and read. It's the perfect setup. We're still spending time together, but we each get to do something we love.
- Google Analytics: If I feel like watching my stats. I don't usually. I try not to anyway. If I do, I'll go crazy. But, if you need to look up your stats when say, requesting ARCs from a publisher or, signing up for a blog tour, Google Analytics gives a really good breakdown of all the stats you could possibly want to know.
- Nosegraze's Bitchin' Book Blog Feature: Ashley from Nosegraze does a special feature on her blog called Bitchin' Book Blog. She gives all kinds of tips on blogging, web design, and coding. I know nothing about web design or coding. When I started this blog, I didn't even know what code meant. But through her tutorials I have been able to edit my html code (It was so scary the first time I did it!) and make my blog a more user friendly website. If you have a blogging question, you can submit it on her blog and eventually she will produce a tutorial to answer your question! It may take some time, but be patient. It will be worth it. She is amazing! Go check out her blog if you haven't already!
- Other bloggers: Do you ever run out of ideas for posts? I do. And that's when other bloggers such as Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner can help! She recently posted a fun A-Z Bookish Survey that she invited any other bloggers to do. Not only does this help you get a new post written, but it also is a great way to interact with other bloggers and make new friends.
Those are the main things that help make my life as a reader/blogger easier! What's on your list? Leave me a link to your TTT below so I can check it out!